Expert guide to the use of the digital twin in industry
Digital twin is a digital replica of a living or non-living physical entity, such as a device, process, system or production facility. The digital replica includes various elements of the original entity, such as physical or potential assets, processes, people, places, systems and devices that can be used for various purposes.
An essential element in the concept of the digital twin is its duality:
- a digital twin describes a certain object or model, and
- a digital twin represents a real-world status of the object, that is, information.
Digital twins have been designed and implemented in the international arena already for a long time, whereas they are only just starting to be introduced to Finland.
In this guide, we start with the basics: what does the digital twin mean exactly, what are its benefits, what could be useful starting points – and why, in most organizations, should creating a digital twin be considered rather a journey than a one-off purchase.
In this guide, we answer the following questions:
- What does the digital twin mean?
- What are the benefits and uses of the digital twin?
- How is the digital twin built?
- Where to start from in your own organization?
Download the guide by filling out the form. The guide is free of charge and downloading does not bind you to anything.